Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Awww hell...

Here at Dress as Lawyers, we're human like the rest of you, (well, maybe not like ALL of you,), and that means we are subject to the same random bouts of indecision and writer's block, which is what I am apparently battling right now. There are a lot of things happening that I would love to talk about, but just can't seem to get the wording out just write. So at this point, I have just opted to try something: dumping all of my thoughts about some topics in one post. This is probably the worst idea ever, and I have no hope of this making any coherent sense, but we'll give it a shot.

Duke Nukem Forever tanked it in the reviews. Is anyone really surprised by this? It was "14 years in the making", which really means it was 2 and a half years, with the half being just polishing what the game was at when development stopped. This was a game that should have been scraped and rebuilt from the ground up, as the original was suppose to be poking fun at the conventions of where the first person shooter genre was at the time. Instead, it was just trying to ride the wave of it's predecessor. Really, the problem is not the game, but how PR and the circus that developed from this. No one cares if the guy who voiced Duke Nukem claims the game is great. You got paid to rip off Bruce Campbell, and thus you forfeit your opinion.

Also, since hacking has been the hot news to report, I though I should touch on that. Here you go:




Lastly, this game looks awesome, and I want to buy it. I really should just design my own. Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment