This is more or less another test post because there really isn't all that much to say about Honest Hearts. Ok, sure there is if I went into great detail about a whole bunch of crap you either a) already know from playing it, or b) don't care because there's a reason you didn't play it. Personally, I found Honest Hearts very easy. Maybe it was because I was already level 30-something on the character I used to get there, maybe it's because I'm so ultra-fucking-awesome at the game, maybe it's because I'm a V.A.T.S. whore, the list goes on. However, just because it was easy, doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it and doesn't mean that none of you will enjoy it. What did I like about it? Well, hearing a little history on the Legion was fun and getting new weapons is always fun, even if they are only slightly better than the ones you had before. Side note, the .45s you get in Honest Hearts are pretty bad ass, especially if your gun skill is up and you've picked your gun perks. I also assume you picked the Bloody Mess perk because... well why wouldn't you?
Another good thing about Honest Hearts is that you can go back one the main quest is over, and even though some of the main characters are missing, it still gives you more people to sell the crap you stole off random bastards to. All in all, I liked it. However, as anyone of my friends could tell you I'm insanely bias toward anything made by Bethesda.
The bad part about this DLC is the length. I mean it only added an hour of so of game time and I know what you're thinking "IT'S A DAMN DLC DERP-FACE" but you know what? Fuck that. The reason I like Fallout in the first place is because of the sandbox style with 800,000,000 quests/mission (exaggerated much?) that you have to do. "Replayability" being the perfect made-up word for this situation. I had about 10 different characters in Fallout 3 because I could play it bunch of different ways. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the new content, like I said before I thought it was fun, I enjoyed it, and I will without a doubt buy the next DLC that comes out for New Vegas.
Nevertheless, I cannot ignore the fact that by the time any DLCs come out for these type of games they seem rather pointless, for lack of a better term. I can almost guarantee that anyone who got the DLC had already finished, not only the main quests and missions, but over half of the secondary and tertiary (Fuck you Julian, used that word in another way besides talking about Eve) quests before even hearing the a DLC was going to be made. So why release this new little tidbit of game that isn't really connected to the main map in any way? Is it to supply us with even more powerful weapons when we can one shot the head off a super mutant from 300 yards away? WITH MIND BULLETS? Why the hell not? I bought it, didn't you? trollface.jpeg
No comments:
Post a Comment